Flo Trac - Standard Section and Options
- For near horizontal conveying, this air assisted gravity conveyor uses low pressure air passing through a permeable membrane to fluidize material in the conveying chamber. This decreases the material's internal friction and allows it to run down a slight incline.
- Standard construction is 10 ga. carbon steel. Stainless steel and other materials are available.
- Fluidizing membrane is typically woven polyester. Nomex, fiberglass, stainless steel and ceramic materials can be used for special applications.
- Open top models are available as bin activators or for dust collector discharging.
- Air requirements are in the range of 5 - 20 S.C.F.M. per square foot of membrane area. Pressure requirement is typically 1 - 2 p.s.i.g. Lab testing can pinpoint this more closely as well as determine the angle of decline required (typically 5 - 10 ° from horizontal).
- Accessories available include blower packages, discharge valves, diverter valves and corner pieces.
- Flo Trac is an ideal device to feed Materialift from short horizontal runs.